Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help connecting mic headset to my computer...

• Please log in to reply

mark227

mark227

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just purchased a microphone headset that has two jacks on the end, the guy said to plug them in the back of the computer. I have six inputs back there, I see the symbol of a mic, but I don't know what the other symbols mean. I also have speakers on my desk, one speaker has volume, bass, treble control, and two inputs, shows symbol of headphones and Aux. Can I just plug my two jacks into the inputs on the speakers? I also have a webcam with a mic in it, do i have to turn my webcam mic off while using these headphones? Not sure where to plug these two headphone jacks into, or what to do with the mic on my webcam. I have a Dell Inspiron 530, below is a link thats shows the back of my computer. Once on web page click the upper top left of picture "View Images" to see back of computer. Can anyone help me? Thanks........

Edited by mark227, 19 December 2009 - 08:16 PM.

Advertisements