Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Build Any Help/recommendations

• Please log in to reply

DaLittleCow

DaLittleCow

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. New to the 2009/2010 Tech... Built a rig last summer and Stuck with XP. Now XP is not "Fast Enough" for what I want and am building for Win 7.

I have compiled a list from newegg and will compress Data for you.

MoBo - ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU - i7-920 2.66GHz LGA 1366
RAM - 3 X 2Gb chips ---6gb
HDD - Western Digital, 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" +6" SATA Cable

Using Current GCard - NVidia geforce gtx 260 OC 1gb Internal Mem
Using Current Power Supply - 650 W max

all this +Win 7 and DVD-r Drive and box came to about $1000.

Is this going to be a strong build for myself and worth the money.
-I LOVE Games. X3 Terran Conflict is possibly the most gfx demanding game I own right next to Empire Total War. -Also Borderlands is a Gfx hog.

Please let me know what you think about this build. I have a old GFX card and power supply that i will place back into the computer im on now.
Current build.

XP, Intel Dual 2.2ghz, (non quad capable MoBo) 2g ram 260g hdd. and 2003 Cd and DVD drives :) <-cost me 300 on newegg in August 08. Wasnt bad.

Thank you

~Cow

Advertisements

DaLittleCow

DaLittleCow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
-Sorry for second post in my own topic.
Quick Newegg "Shopping Cart pull."

Sata Cable-OKGEAR 18" SATA II cable with metal latch,UV BLUE Model GC18AUBM - Retail
Tower-Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-US-BA-WOPSU Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
HDD-Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
DVD/Rom-SONY Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - OEM
CPU-Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail
OS-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full - Retail
RAM-Crucial 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory
MoBo-ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail