Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Professional Home Networking

• Please log in to reply

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Hi,

I recently bought a laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and set this up with another computer running Windows Vista Home Premium. This worked fine. Then I went away for a month and whilst I was away upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional. Now I cannot seem to access the other computer files or printer and it can no longer access my laptop. I have tried pinging the ip address and that works fine but if I ping by hostname I get the error message "cannot find host". Both computer are on the same workgroup and both appear in the network window but if I click on one I get "error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found"

Any ideas?? :)

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I haven't used 7 very much, but I'll see if I can help. Have you set up the "HomeGroup" part of 7 yet? This might help.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 21 December 2009 - 09:42 AM.

hendaz

hendaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Just got it working again flushed the dns of both computers and it started working like before. Thanks for offering to help. :)