Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

3 1/2" Floppy shows in CP but I don't have a Floppy installed

• Please log in to reply

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Hi there,this is just a minor problem and I was just wondering why the floppy drive shows up in my cp when I don't have one installed?could it be something to do with my Bios settings?it has been like this since I first got it!Any help appreciated,merry xmas all!

Edited by mrpooh3, 21 December 2009 - 03:18 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
by default most bios revisions still have floppy support, even if you don't have a floppy drive. if you go into the bios and find the section for "on board hardware" or "on board devices" or something to that effect you can choose to disable the floppy drive. of course it shouldn't be causing issues just sitting there not getting used, so if it's not really causing issues you can just leave it alone

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
thanks,It isnt really doing any harm so I'll just leave it! :)

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I decided to disable it from the Bios cause sometimes I accidentaly click on it and my computer stalls,so now it's gone.thanks again.I was also wondering....my usb printer has a built in card reader and shows up as a removable drive instead of a printer,is there anyway to change this?