Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spam fromn geeks to go

• Please log in to reply

hilario

hilario

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi all:

I have an e-mail account at hotmail that I almost dont use.

However today just by curiosity I entered my that account and saw that I had received more than 8.000 email from GEEKS TO GO.
Next I include rhe text of each message:

hilario,

Stumptown has just posted a new topic entitled "Google Redirect Virus" in forum "Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I have contracted the Google redirect virus and am having trouble removing. I have followed the steps on the Malware Spyware Cleaning Guide post with the exception of the system restore step. I have pasted the requested logs in this post from MalwareBytes/Rooter/OTListlt. Any info to remove and get me back up and running again would be very much appreciated!

:)
Many thanks in advance…

There's no doubt that this is a spam.

Can you please do something to stop this message from falling constantly on my hotmail adress ??

This e-mail adress is: removed

ths.hilario

Edited by Rorschach112, 21 December 2009 - 02:25 PM.
removed logs

Advertisements

chamber

chamber

Face Burnin' Malware Fighter

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,712 posts
It's not spam.

You have somehow subscribed to the Virus and Malware removal forum, to remove this subscription

go to my controls at the top of the page,

on the left hand side under subscriptions select View forums,

Put a tick next to the Virus and malware removal forum and select Unsubscribe with selected.

You should then stop getting the e mails.

hilario

hilario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
You were right.
that's ok now.
tks.