Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dell inspiron 1526 turns on but screen is black

• Please log in to reply

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I have a dell inspiron 1526, when you turn it on you can hear the fans going and the lights will all flash one time like on regular start up then then 9 lock stays solid lit and the A lock and down arrow lock flash....any help would be appreciated!! Thank you

Advertisements

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I also tried plugging my desktop monitor into it and still just a black screen, the monitor light actually goes from green to orange, just like it does when its on standby or hibernating.....Any ideas?!

GreenTree

GreenTree

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having the same problem. Mine happened shortly after I connected a third party battery (i.e., not official Dell). I replaced my CMOS battery with no change.

Let me know if you found anything...
I'll let you know if I find anything...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi GreenTree :)
Please start your own topic and not bump another members that is also rather old.
The symptoms may appear similar but the cause and solution may not be, thanks.