Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gigaset se567 WAN IP.

• Please log in to reply

jdawg183

jdawg183

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello all,
I have a Gigaset SE567 router. It puts out a different IP address than what is set on my computer, so setting up a dynamic IP through my network options does not work (I verified that whatismyip.com shows a different IP than ipconfig). In looking into it, the one that shows up on whatismyip is what shows as WAN IP on my router page. I want to change it to a Canadian IP address. Anyone have any ideas how to do that? Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
no you can't do that. the WAN IP on the modem is configured by your ISP and you cannot change it. if you'd like a canadian IP you should move to canada (though this is probably a bad time of year to do so, it's awfully cold up there)

jdawg183

jdawg183

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Well darn, honestly the only reason I wanted to do it is there is a free online game called Blackshot that I wanted to play. They had been promising to bring it to the US but Outspark fell through. It is currently only available in other countries. I guess I ill go without. Thanks for your reply!