Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Sound Drivers

• Please log in to reply

DacorDave

DacorDave

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I thought I was doing the right thing by uninstalling the sound drivers to remove the feedback we were getting recording our church service. It worked, but since, I have not been able to reinstall the drivers.

I have tried everything I can think of. But I must be missing something, I would appreciate any help any one can offer.

This is what I have tried so far with out any success:

Deleted all sound drivers in device manager with question marks and allowed vista to find them again.
It says it finds them, it syas it loads the drivers, it says the hardware is ready to use - but when I select the speaker Icon in bottom r/h corner, or if I select sound in Control Panel, it says there are no audio devices installed.

I put manufacturers driver disk in, run setup, it goes through installation, it gives all indications that everything has been installed, but when you select the speaker/sound in control panel it still says the same - "No audio devices are installed".

I figure the drivers must be there now, so perhaps it needs a reboot, so I remove the conflicting drivers again, reboot the system, it goes through the finding hardware procedures again, but the end result is the same again.

I have tried running the upgrade driver from within the device properties.
I have downloaded the latest device drivers from Realtek.
I even though of doing a system restore, except for some strange reason, with all the available disk space, it only holds approximately 5 restore points. So the restore points are dated after the the drivers were deleted. Now if there was some way of being able to retrieve previous restore restore points, because it has been creating restore points since I purchased the laptop in August, that could be an answer.

If someone has answer, that would make my Christmas almost complete.

Anyway, I wish everyone a very very happy Christmas, and may Jesus, the reason for Christmas, bring you lasting hope and peace.

Advertisements