1. I got the System Security 2009 virus or something. It made my computer super slow and safe mode, task manager, and other things wouldn't work. But I finally got a virus remover running, and it deleted it.
2. It came back instantly after restarting. I'm not sure why, but it didn't go away. I used MalwareBytes to remove it. So I used system restore and went back to an earlier time.
3. It worked for a short while but an hour later the virus came back again and this time made my computer restart. And every time Windows was about to load, it would restart again, and etc. It was a loop of restarting.
4. I googled ways to fix this and it mentioned something about fixing the registry by typing in codes in to the Recovery Console (I found my Windows XP disk) such as...
copy c:\windows\system32\config\system c:\windows\tmp\system.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\windows\tmp\software.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\sam c:\windows\tmp\sam.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\security c:\windows\tmp\security.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\default c:\windows\tmp\default.bak
copy c:\windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\config\system
copy c:\windows\repair\software c:\windows\system32\config\software
copy c:\windows\repair\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam
copy c:\windows\repair\security c:\windows\system32\config\security
copy c:\windows\repair\default c:\windows\system32\config\default
5. Now when I tried starting Windows it said:
c:\windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt
6. So this time I installed a second version of Windows... I don't remember exactly what I did, but my original WINDOWS folder is still there. I think I used the Windows XP disk somehow. But the point is that now my computer has a WINDOWS folder and a WINDOWS2 folder. I can recover files from the WINDOWS folder luckily (except my computer games... some .exe files have gone missing) and move them into the WINDOWS2 folder to use.
7. Now when I restart my computer, it gives me an option as to which Windows I want to go into. If I go into the one it takes me to a working new Windows, but if I click the other it still said that that file was corrupt.
8. I googled ways to fix C:\windows\system32\config\system. I forget what I did, it was something with the Recovery Console again.
9. It worked as in fixing the file I guess, but this time when I tried going into it, after loading it told me that something was wrong with the administrator password and lsass error or something. Then it restarted. The error is:
When trying to update this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct.
10. That showed a couple times, but now it just doesn't show at all. When I click the second option at reboot it just takes me to a black screen. When I go into Recovery Console and it asks which Windows I want to fix, it only shows WINDOWS2 not WINDOWS. BUT the files are still in the Windows folder.
So I have WINDOWS2 working. My computer isn't totally useless. However, now it only has 600 MB left on it and I have no way of getting into the other Windows to uninstall programs. I would delete the files except, like I said, a lot of the .exe files for my games have mysteriously vanished. But the space they took up is still taken up. Is there anyway to find these files? Is there anyway to delete those programs so that there's room and I can re-install them? Is there anyway I can get the original Windows working again?
Sorry for this huge post but an extreme thank you to anyone who helps me !