Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan horse Generic9.AXOR, Worm/Agobot.GWA, Win32/Crypt Exe

• Please log in to reply

Tasks

Tasks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everybody,

My computer is not infected at the moment but it could be according to AVG so I would like to ask you for your opinion. I am using free edition of AVG. I own a dvd loaded with editing and montage applications, audio and video ripping tools, file converters etc. Upon trying to unzip and install some applications AVG is notifying me of possible threats, like Trojan horse Generic9.AXOR, Worm/Agobot.GWA, Win32/Crypt Exe etc. I am finding outdated posts related to this threats,(post from year 2006 and 2007). Also, discussions online are not related to specific threats I am finding, they are more related to Trojan horse in general and viruses. I have found many posts from people complaining about AVG and that these "threats" are indeed legit applications. I find hard to believe that person that sold me this questionable dvd is loading dvds with viruses and trojans. I can easily return dvd and get my money back, but what if everything is ok and AVG is wrong in this case? Any advice or suggestion would be appreciated.

Edited by Tasks, 23 December 2009 - 01:22 AM.

Advertisements