Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Configuring email account linked to a website with Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply

Jaymatt

Jaymatt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I'm having great problems configuring my email accounts to Outlook. For some reason, Outlook will not send or receive emails from or to my business email account, but works fine for my personal account.

When I test the account settings for my business email it says 'cannot find server'. I presume this is because it is linked to a website.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong please?

Many thanks for your help.

Sharon

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Depends if the business email account is POP3 and allows you to access it like the personal accounts. Or, the business account is behind a firewall if you are trying to access the company's server. I don't know which since you didn't mention what these accounts were. GMail, Pro Yahoo Email, Pro HotMail or what.

I'm sure there are guidelines on how to set up the POP3 businness email account if it allows you to do that with Outlook.