Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frustrated and looking for help

• Please log in to reply

haskins42

haskins42

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am not sure which thread to post this in so hopefully it is ok to post in both Vista and malware/virus threads. I have been using this home computer for a year and a half with virtually no problems. A few days ago I couldn't access certain things which I will list in just a bit. I used System Restore and everything worked fine for a day. Then those things went bad again and I have not been able to fix it again. Here is a list of things acting weird:
On the desktop:
-Trend Micro Antivirus loads only a white screen and am unable to run it unless in safe mode.
-Big Fish games client loads only a white screen
-Real Arcade loads but with weird error messages
In Internet Explorer:
-Hotmail and Outlook Web Access give me blank screens on the log in page
-Facebook allows me to log in but do nothing else
-Google search in the toolbar does not autofill, give suggestions or show any previous searches
-On espn.com, the scores normally located at the top of the screen are blank
-Among other little things I can't seem to remember right now

Now for what I have already tried:
-SuperAntivirus
-Malware
-Hijack This
-System Restore again but there were no available dates from before the problems started happening.
-created a new user account but all the problems persisted

I am at a loss what to do next. I want to try to avoid reinstalling windows if I can. I am not too computer savvy and don't want screw anything up. Should I take it into a computer place? Does anybody have suggestions?

Advertisements