Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty "ALPHA BLEND ERROR MESSAGE" thing

• Please log in to reply

SoCal95

SoCal95

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, im new to geekstogo.com and i found the answer to my question on here, or so i thought... I recently bought call of duty 4 and installed it on my Compaq Presario (s4210nx) and after it completed i booted up the game but then a message appeared. "video card or driver doesn't support alpha blend, glow will be disabled and promptly shut off. i tried again still no luck. so i updated my graphic card drivers (NIVIDIA Ge force 5200 FX) and once again tried no luck. SO then i updated the Direct X to its most recent version and it still repeats the message. I have enough ram and space, my graphics card is lower then the requirements. But my brother has a laptop with a 4500 graphics card (which is far worse then mine) and the game plays just fine on his laptop.. i need answers so please if any one, ANYONE can answer and actually get me some results please help! sorry if i sound rude im just really P-O at my computer and really want to play COD :)

Advertisements