Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cell Phones

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
I have Verizon, because i used to have alltel. i finally switched completely, phone and all to a chocolate 3(vx8560). It has started to reset itself and loop until i close the phone and go to an application with the phone closed. Point is, i don't have good experiences with phones, but honestly i don't know what i do to them. i never play music, hardly look at pictures and only talk for an hour or two a day on it. I do text a lot, but that's about it. So does anybody know where i can get an affordable phone without having to buy a plan, and any phone that even if it doesn't have a lot of bells or whistles, is very reliable? My budget would be like $50-100 if possible.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i assume you're already past the 30 day mark on your contract? if not take the phone back...verizon will switch the phone within the first 30 days with no charge.... i've seen a few of the LG's with the same problem you're talking about (my wife has an env2 and it does that a lot...but i think it's because of the case she's got it in...who knows though)...don't know if it's an LG specific issue or not

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
well, i called them and they told me to go to the store, and if they couldnt fix it, then they would switch it out for one that works. but when my 2yrs are up, which i think its about mid-2010 im gonna wait until i know a phone is reliable before i get it. i just dont want to get a new phone again just to run into the same problem. ive only had it since august.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
phones are touchy little gremlins....they're being developed so fast that it's hard to actually find a tried and true tested model in the stores, as soon as the new one comes out they ditch the old ones...makes it hard to find a reliable piece of equipment

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
i completely agree, thats part of the reason i started this forum :)

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

phones are touchy little gremlins....they're being developed so fast that it's hard to actually find a tried and true tested model in the stores, as soon as the new one comes out they ditch the old ones...makes it hard to find a reliable piece of equipment

Yes, very true. Not to mention the warranties are becoming shorter. :)

Here in Australia the warranties are usually 1 year and yet when you have problems they can't help you because they no longer manufacture the parts needed. :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
If you need a cheaper phone with no bells or whistles, I've always had good luck with Samsung phones. They're cheaper phones seem pretty reliable and still seem to work after a few tumbles.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
IMO they are worthless little demons. :)

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
I have to agree with rshaffer61 here. :)

I haven't had much luck with Samsung phones either; and hooking them up to a computer can be quite a journey when things start going wrong. :)

Edited by Robin Hood, 17 January 2010 - 03:33 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm saying all cel phones.... :)