Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor wont boot up when computer is started

• Please log in to reply

karsa6245

karsa6245

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi for the last few weeks my monitor wont start up when i turn my computer on, it started doing it after i switched it off and went to bed one night and it wouldnt switch on properly since.

If I switched the screen on and the computer at the same time, it used to turn it on, and at odd times it would work fine for a few days and switch on perfectly, now its completely dead and wont turn my monitor on at all.
i know its the computer as i have switched cables, and monitors, and it wont turn the other monitor on either.

If i managed to get it on, if it went into standby while the computer was on (e.g. screensaver) if i pressed keyboard or mouse it would come back on, it just doesnt do anything when i boot up the computer.

i have no bleeping, and everything sounds fine in the computer, fans are working, cd drive is starting up. All i can think of is its either the video card or my BIOS battery but i have tried replacing my BIOS battery and nothing has improved.
It would be difficult to replace my video card as the video card is in the motherboard, its the Nvidia Nforce motherboards.

my computer isn't a very old computer, its quite modern, i have 5gb of ram in it, thats all i have upgraded in it.

I have looked inside, and nothing is dislodged or burnt, and the socket for the signal cable is perfectly fine.

hope anybody has any ideas, as i need my computer for college work and cant life without it haha. I dont really know any of the specifications, and i cant get to them because i cant access my computer.

if specs are needed i have no way of finding out what they are because i cant access my computer at all, i also dont know what make it is, my motherboard is
http://www.asrock.co....VENF7G-HDREADY

thanks alot!!!

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi karsa6245 and welcome to Geeks to Go.

Have you tried safe mode? This loads all default drivers. So if it was a driver issue, you should get by that.
Safe mode is accessed by F8 while booting.

Have you tried last known good configuration?
You get to it by tapping F8 during boot up.

123runner