Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Video Card keeps system from booting?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Not too long ago I was getting messages about my diplay not being correct (don't remember exactly), then it started locking up. Then it got to where it would not boot up at all. I can't get to a screen that will allow me into safe mode or anything. All I am getting is beeps (Award BIOS), which I think is one long and two short, maybe one long and three short. I looked them up and one is a bad video card and the other is bad memory on the video card.

My question is: Should I replace the card or should it boot with the card removed?

I did remove it and got the same result.

Since the machine won't boot, this is from memory.
AMD 2.2 dual core, XP Pro, 1 gig RAM, 7100GS video card