Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

D-Link 624 connected but no webpage

• Please log in to reply

Dawna

Dawna

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just got a used D-Link 624 wireless router. When I first hooked it up it worked then I went to try to secure my network and now it shows that I am connected but web pages wont load. No error messages. I also have the RaLink RT2860 LAN card in my computer so I tried to configure that thinking that would help. Wrong! I'm not a computer dummy but this has me baffled and is beyond my expertise. I hope someone here can help me out.

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Perform a hard reset and start from scratch. You will need to connect a desktop or laptop to the router with an ethernet cable for initial configuration. If you do not require a username and password to connect to you ISP, then the DHCP setting should suffice in North America. When setting up wireless encryption, choose WPA2 is your hardware supports it. Generate the key, then copy it to Notepad and save as a txt file. Copy this file to a USB thumbdrive, then copy and paste when setting up additional devices.

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm Generate keys
http://www.dlink.ca/...ault.aspx?pid=6 Manual

Dawna

Dawna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I ended up having to call D Link and they got me up and running. I was unable to access the configuration utility so they provided me with an alternate way to access it and VOILA! it worked. No way would I have been able to do it without their help.