Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer is dying, need to upgrade.

• Please log in to reply

ZzDiety

ZzDiety

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hey everyone, need help on a new pc, need it to be atleast $500-600, and needs to have all the materials for me to just get ready to build it, so it'd be nice if you can add everything i need so i won't have anything missing and i can build it with no worries ( i don't want to go to a pc shop and pay for 1 wire ($15 bucks) and pay $25 bucks just for the guy putting it in. Deciding to give my mom my ati radeon HD 4650 because my lil bro does some gaming and he can use my mothers computer, and i need to have something nice for myself ya know? :)
I'm using my own harddrive 220-250gb not a good harddrive but meh :/ Using my own 500-550 watt powersupply. I need to find a cheap 320gb hard drive like real cheap, so i can have enough money for the tools needed to build this right out of the box.

Thank you,

ZzDiety.

Edited by ZzDiety, 25 December 2009 - 08:56 PM.

Advertisements

ZzDiety

ZzDiety

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
here is what i made.

I need to know what are the stuff am i going to need to build this, i want to build this right when i recieve it from shipping ( i.e thermal compounds etc).

Posted Image

Case : http://www.tigerdire...mp;sku=ULT33178
Motherboard :http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4936681&sku=G452-1015
CPU : http://www.tigerdire...mp;sku=A79-0620
Graphics Card : http://www.tigerdire...p;sku=P450-4877
PSU : Using my current one it's 500-550 watt it should have 12v rail.
Hard Drive : I'm using my 250 gb one, it's crappy but i'm saving my money.

I need help on getting any other nessecary tools so i can build right out of the box.

Thanks,
ZzDiety.

Edited by ZzDiety, 25 December 2009 - 08:54 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hey mate, sorry for the delay, it's been that time of year (holiday season).

First up, I'm going to strongly disagree with the parts you have chosen. That is a very nice choice in graphics, CPU, and motherboard, what memory do you have to go with the motherboard?

The reason I disagree is because the case and possibly PSU do not match up. The case isn't going to cut it in regards to providing satisfactory air flow to keep the parts cool. I say possibly PSU - what make/model PSU is is? How old is it?

If you were to come through with a decent case and PSU choice it would work out nicely, however I see you already bordering your budget so I think it would be best to downgrade some things to get a better selection overall.

Cheers

ZzDiety

ZzDiety

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Hey mate, sorry for the delay, it's been that time of year (holiday season).

First up, I'm going to strongly disagree with the parts you have chosen. That is a very nice choice in graphics, CPU, and motherboard, what memory do you have to go with the motherboard?

The reason I disagree is because the case and possibly PSU do not match up. The case isn't going to cut it in regards to providing satisfactory air flow to keep the parts cool. I say possibly PSU - what make/model PSU is is? How old is it?

If you were to come through with a decent case and PSU choice it would work out nicely, however I see you already bordering your budget so I think it would be best to downgrade some things to get a better selection overall.

Cheers

I see great reviews on the ultra powersupply, and uncle has it, and it runs fairly well, been a few years now. Also, i've already purchased it, i will upgrade powersupply later on, and the case is pretty decent, don't let the price fool you, i'm only awaiting my other pc parts, as i've only recieved the case.

Specs
AMD Athlon II X2 245 Dual Core Processor - 2.90GHz
Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H Motherboard
WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/16MB
Ultra LSP550 550w Power Supply
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB PCIe DDR5 Display Port/HDMI

and everything else nesscerary, all for 646 grand total with taxes + shipping.

Also, the case seems to be fine, it has alot of room, will install fans later on. Power supply seems to be a year old, read alot of positive reviews about it.

Edited by ZzDiety, 31 December 2009 - 06:19 PM.