Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Completely clear CD program's application from computer

• Please log in to reply

skeeter_girl

skeeter_girl

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am not sure I am asking in the right place, or even if I can explain it correctly. I got a game on CD and put the application on my computer. It has codes that are generated that you can use online for the game. I played it through and got what I wanted. My husband also plays where I do, and he wanted to get his own set of codes, but the game will only give codes once per computer. I even tried a different CD, but it remembers my computer and just gives the same codes as before. Which can't be used again.

Is there a way to make sure I erase this application and everything it put on my computer so that if I reinstall it, it can be used by my husband?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What game is it?

skeeter_girl

skeeter_girl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It's a game called Neopets Puzzle Adventure. I have played through it, and now my husband wants to, but he just gets the same codes as me. I have uninstalled and made sure I didn't keep any saved games. I am assuming it keeps some registry keys on the computer to recognize when it is reinstalled.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
According to Neopets website, "Only 10 codes per game can be redeemed on one account."
I would argue the issue is not with the program, your computer or anything like that, because the advertising line says: "Neopets Puzzle Adventure will generate codes that can be redeemed for unique items on the Neopets.com website" which I presume works through your Neopets account. Obviously you cannot be able to use the codes over and over again.

skeeter_girl

skeeter_girl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I know that I cannot redeem anymore codes. I have an account, and my husband has an account. But he cannot play the game and get new codes. It just generates the same codes I had. And if he uses the codes I had used already, it just says they have been used already. And I don't have any other computers that he can play the game on.

There are some other games the site has like Didj games, and they generate multiple different codes. They are still one per account for a set of the codes, but more than one person in a family can get them.

But when I install the program, it is not linked to the internet or anything, it just seems to remember my computer.