Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

carnt connect to (belkin router settings page)

• Please log in to reply

djmarzy

djmarzy

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hey

about 2 weeks ago i had problems picking up my router with my laptops wifi.
so i headed over to 192.168.2.1 my routers set up page and made some changes to some settings
i fixed the problem (some how) but made even more problems for myself.
i enabled use as access point by mistake and now i cannot conect to 192.168.2.1

i would be great full if any one could help me out with this.

ipconfig screen shot.

Posted Image

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
It looks like you've put the router in bridge mode and you're getting an IP straight from the router. The easiest thing to do here is reset the router. You have to reenter your settings, but it's not that big of a deal.

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hi spyderturbo007

how do i reset the router. i already used the reset button on the under side of the router (a few times) but it didnt really change any thing.

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

how do i reset the router. i already used the reset button on the under side of the router

You may need a pin or similar to depress the reset button which is on the right back of the Belkin(F5D8233) router if you are looking at the back of it. With power applied to the router, depress the button for ten seconds then release. Look for the LEDs to go out and begin flashing again.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
DaffyKantReed is correct. I've also seen other brands that require you to disconnect power from the router, hold the reset with a paperclip then power it back up while holding the reset button for an additional 10 seconds or so. It should be in your manual.

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
ok i did the above suggestions but i still cannot connect to 192.168.2.1 i also my laptops wifi is finding my router but it will not connect even with a Ethernet cable. i have had to conect the Ethernet cable straight from my modem.

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
fixed the. problem. im now connected to the belkin setup page thannks for the help guys u deserve degrees in computing.

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
spoke too soon i can't connect to the router using wireless i can only connect using the Ethernet cable.

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
i dont get this im connected via wireless on my ps3 and an Ethernet cable on this laptop but this is a screen shot saying im not connected to my router.

Posted Image

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Is your wireless still unsecured or did you add encryption after you made the connection? I would try to disconnect, then remove that as a preferred network and then try to reconnect. That normally works.

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
fixed. i added wpa/wpa2 then then just restarted every thing, now it seems to be ok

thanks for the help again.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
No problem. Glad I could help. :-)

topaceone

topaceone

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a simular problem i could connect and i made a network calld (my name)'s PC_network and my parents told me to take the password off so i tried that and i freaked it out by disabling something and now my Belkin G_ wireless router either wont send out a wireless transmission or the light for wireless does not work
either way my NEW Toshiba satellite wont connect it picks the signal up and tells me to push the WEP button on my router or enter the pin on the bottom i enter the pin correctly but nothing connects any solutions........ maybe you need to do system restore....if the problem recently happened