Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major problem!

• Please log in to reply

SamGascoyne

SamGascoyne

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi, recently my laptop started to get the blue screen of death for no apparant reason when just using basic programs such as msn and internet explorer, i have no explanation for that. Then last night i got the blue screen once more and my laptop shut down and just wouldnt boot up again, it took me to the Start in safe mode, Start windows normally screen and i tried everything. Sometimes it would come up with thetechguys screen and when i went to repair the laptop it said there was no solution for why it wouldnt boot up and just restarted again. Eventually i gave up for the night and left the laptop elsewhere, someone else in my house with no computing experience whatsoever turned the laptop on thinking they could do something about it whilst i was away. I returned to find in 20 minuites they had somehow managed to wipe the whole hard drive, i was asked to create a user login and after that the laptop loaded up back with factory settings.
When i go onto the backup and restore center there is no options aviable as there is nothing to go restore too. What i was wondering was wether i will ever be able to retreive my previous files as it had all my college work on, my university applications on, hundreds of photos and thousands of songs as well as many important favourited websites which i can not afford to lose.
Would it be possible to restore these if i took it to a repair store or is there a way i can manually do it?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Chances are extremely slim to recover anything.
You can try: http://www.raymond.c...overy-software/

SamGascoyne

SamGascoyne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ah, ok. Although has now been a new development when i booted up my laptop this morning i had a blackscreen
first that said something like 0/10850 registerymachine/system/currentcontrol and the laptop would only boot up after the 0 had counted up to 10850 (Not the actual number given at the time just an example which i think was similar)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Did you restart since?

SamGascoyne

SamGascoyne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Yes

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Did you try Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration?