Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exiting due to signal SIGTRAP

• Please log in to reply

first_time_user

first_time_user

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all...I am having all kinds of trouble with my laptop. My computer was sitting there in the screensaver mode and then a screen popped up and at the top of the screen says: Exiting due to signal SIGTRAP then the next line says: Debug at eip=0009a6d2 then it lists a bunch of #'s and at the bottom of the screen it is asking for a command or something. C:\> Thats what is at the bottom. I tried to restart my computer but it keeps coming to this page and will not go elsewhere. Please help. I know very little about computers....

Advertisements

first_time_user

first_time_user

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Windows XP and an Acer 5000 for a computer. bottom half of the screen says Call frame traceback EIPs:
0x0009a6d2
0x0009a5bd
0x00098376
and about 7-8 more numbers like those listed above. Thanks for any help.