Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no results when searching

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

F.R.E.D.

F.R.E.D.

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Recently I used the combo fix to clean up a mess. It worked great...NO MORE problems but now when I try to use any of the search engines, all I get is a blank screen.
Feeling very blonde,
FRED

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First of all Combo Fix is a very powerful tool and should never be used without the assistance of a trained tech. Issues like the one you are now experiencing can result from not using it correctly.
Let's try a few things to see if we can fix the problem.
First what browsers are you using and what versions are they?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Who was that Red Hat wearing sneaky dude? :)

F.R.E.D.

F.R.E.D.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am using Firefox 3.5 with various search engines. I also have Internet Explorer8.
Two weeks ago I had 4 viruses. One I could not remove was OneStep.0. There were no forums for it at the time. And the only advice I got was to use Combo Fix. Then last week an e-mail trojan (name forgotten) got in and I could do less and less very quickly. I used the combo fix for this too, being careful to do it properly.

I have attached the OT logs just in case you want to look at them.

Thank you so much for repling!!!

shel

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Wrong forum to post the logs in. I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here