Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor won't wake up

• Please log in to reply

deleted

deleted

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
1 or 2 months ago the screen on the monitor went black while using comp.I turned off the comp and left it off overnight and the next morning everything was fine.A week and a half ago the screen went black again,like before it's just like the comp was turned off,but it's not.I checked the power supply with a ultra ps tester(it's a ultra ps).All the voltages were as they are supposed to be.I removed the battery from the mob and waited 30 minutes and put it back,didn't change anything.I tried another monitor and a new cable and still no help.Today I removed the battery for an hour and installed a new one and got booted to setup screen but after I highlighted save and exit and hit enter screen went black again.If anyone knows what it might be I'd appreciate some help.I'm not a geek althought I assembled this comp is spring 2007.

Advertisements

deleted

deleted

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I was going to delete this post because after posting it I saw there was already a post with the same title,but wasn't able to do.I found a bad socket where one of the memory sticks plug in,so I must have a bad mob.Thanks for allowing me to post.