Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes when streaming/using webcam/or using itunes

• Please log in to reply

Drathmar

Drathmar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, I recently started having a problem with my computer where it will freeze whenever I try and play any type of streaming video, or when playing music through itunes. When it freezes, I can still use the mouse, but clicking (left or right) does nothing, on anything, and pressing ctrl+alt+del does nothing either, so I have to hold down the power button to turn off computer then turn it back on.

Also, when it freezes, any audio playing at the time starts looping, about 1-2 seconds worth of audio just looping.

I have tried running AVG virus scan, came up with no problems, Spybot and Adaware, came up with stuff, fixed it, no change. Used a registry cleaner, fixed it, cleaned it up, no change. Ran Chdsk and it cleaned some stuff up but no change.

In the event log, it shows absolutely nothing when this happens, under any heading. Ive tested this using the itunes freezing recently, and it will show itunes service starting, then the next event is event log starting when I restart the system.

However, I did find some stuff from when it started (around 12:21 am Dec. 25th) which is:

This under system log:
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

As well as the following events that looked weird:
The {8CE609B9-ACF4-44F6-88319C88285D9CF4} service was successfully sent a start control.
The {728F967C-D96C-4471-9AC353D24157018C} service was successfully sent a start control.
The {C4FAD6E1-505C-43CE-8C588F17EFB844A0} service was successfully sent a start control.
-------------------------------------

Under Application Log I get:
Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.....throotstl.cab> with error: An internal certificate chaining error has occurred.

Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.9.1.3622, faulting module 3difr.x3d, version 9.1.0.0, fault address 0x0001d601.

Windows saved user DRATHMAR\Anthony registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.
-------------------------------------

I was running firefox when all this started happening, trying to pull up a streaming video, and then firefox crashed, and everytime I have tried to use streaming video through firefox since it either crashes with a send error report screen, or the computer freezes with the audio loop. If I try through IE 8, then the computer just freezes with audio loop.

I can play games, use IM, etc just fine, its only when streaming video or using itunes that this happens.

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX
4 GB of Ram (shows up as 3.25 GB under windows XP)
Onboard sound card

Any help whatsoever would be much appreciated as this is frustrating me to no end.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

The above is normal in XP. It's not even an error, but merely an info.

As for your issue...

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?

Drathmar

Drathmar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I figured that, but I put down every event from that time just to be safe.

As for starting it in safe mode, it can't even play streaming video in safe mode on Firefox since the plugin for it is disabled (I've tried), and if I start the plugin to play it, it does the same thing even with all the others off.