Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG Anti-Virus and Uploading Photos/Videos

• Please log in to reply

cem3

cem3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Since switching to AVG Anti-Virus protection, I can no longer upload photos or videos. I am afraid of turning off parts of the software since I recently had a rootkit destroy my old computer. I would be VERY grateful for any tips. I am about to give up, uninstall it, and buy Norton again. Thank you!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
In my opinion I would get rid of AVG as it is a resource hog and can slow your system down. Two great AV's we suggest alot here are either Avast or Avira/
Both are free and in the case of Avast which I use personally it upgrades at least once a day and mostly twice a day.
Avira is in my signature below.

Please download Avast from my signature below. Please make sure you do the registration as it is good for a year or more. When it is due simply just reregister it.
Avast in my opinion is better because:
It's FREE to the Home User
It Updates it's Definitions daily
You can scan Individual Files, Folders and Drives
No buying new versions every year

cem3

cem3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you!!! I did as you instructed and everything is now working great. I really appreciate this, and so does my family - we have a new baby and everyone was dying to see pictures. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!! :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and I am glad it all worked out for you. Thank you for letting me know and please ask if there are any other issues you may have in the future.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :) :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

we have a new baby and everyone was dying to see pictures

Congratulations on the new baby.
Be sure you back those pictures up.