Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 8 posts
When connecting to the internet with Windows XP im having problems

At home i connect and the icons are not saying im connected even though I am when i access a web browser.
At another connection, It will connect for a while with the icon saying im connected, then suddenly lose the network all together and detect every other network in the area other thn the one that i want to connect to.

Any ideas?

Im using a dell inspirion 1545.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
I take it you're referring to your wireless connection? Don't know about the first problem (the connection icon), but losing a wireless connection is often a symptom of a weak signal from being to far away from the router.