Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Spellforce: The order of dawn on Vista

• Please log in to reply

Wildcard_EZ

Wildcard_EZ

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Please, is there any way to install my ORIGINAL SpellForce 1: The Order of Dawn on my new PC with the O/S Windows Vista? It runs correctly on my former computer, under Windows 2000 & XP. At the point when it should start to instal I get the message "system incompatibility", and it suggests I try an original CD (but my CD IS ORIGINAL)

Any ideas would be gratefully tested.

Thankyou.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Can you please give me the exact error message given?

I've not come across a message like that on install.

Thanks,

Wildcard_EZ

Wildcard_EZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi, thanks for replying.
I'm trying to get the message up now

Wildcard_EZ

Wildcard_EZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
The message is ...
"Incompatable system configuration"
Then after I clicked "ok", "Spellforce could not be installed successfully because the CD failed the Authenticity check. PLease make sure that the SF play cd (CD 1) is inserted into the local CD/DVD-ROM drive while starting the instillation process. If your PC has more then one CD drive please insert the CD into the other drive and start the instillation from there. Please make sure you are using current drivers for you IDE-Controller and mainboard. Please also disable emululations in case you are using a virtual CD drive."

Sorry it took so long to get the it.
Thanks again.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ok,
That basically means that CD you have is copied/downloaded. Is this true?

Otherwise,
do you have more than 1 CD drive?
Are you using a drive emulator/drive emulating software?

Wildcard_EZ

Wildcard_EZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have the orginal disc and it is not a copy. I only have one disc drive and i don't use drive emulating software that is why I can't understand why it is not working.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ok well to be honest I am as confused as you...

does the disk run on someone else PC? If you can try it that would be good. The only thing I can think of is that the protection software on the game is broken somehow and stopping you from running it. But how to fix that im not sure.

I will keep Googling...

Wildcard_EZ

Wildcard_EZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks.
I'm trying to install it onto my laptop which is my only computer which is o/s windows vista. But it works on my XP computers but i am currently separated from them =(

josh0193

josh0193

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i try to install spell force order of dawn on my laptop which runs on vista but every time i try to install. the disc starts to spin but nothing happens

entropic

entropic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, you may have heard this problem before, but I just can't figure it out. I'm trying to install spellforce: the order of dawn, but when it gets to the second cd, it says it cannot open the file F\Bin\ar.exe because my Nortan virus scanner says it has a w23.spybot.worm virus on in the file. I know this isn't true, because I once successfully installed and played the same game on my older laptop (windows XP, also with nortan security) without any problems. The problem seemed to occur when I updated the nortan security.
How do you you fix this problem? Is there a patch I need?

Edited by entropic, 31 July 2010 - 06:45 AM.