Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 & Outlook Express not responding after PCTools program instal

• Please log in to reply

helpmePCGods

helpmePCGods

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
All Hail the mighty PC Gods, bear with me as I relate my plight:

Just before Christmas, I browsed to a site which caused my computer to contract some Spyware (bogus msgs popping up 'your computer is infected, click here!', etc )
After some research into different anti spyware programs, I decided to give PCTools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010 a try. I downloaded and installed it, it ran a scan, found a bunch of malware, adware, spyware, etc. In order to clean it off I had to purchase the program, which I did.
After registering the PCTools program, it cleaned everything off supposedly, and I rebooted. After reboot, I tried getting back into the PCTools program, I couldn't. I also noticed that loading up Internet Explorer was very slow, as was browsing.

Long story short, I have had to uninstall/reinstall this PCTools program a few times, have worked with their 'tech support' (I use that term loosely) with no results, and am now having issues with Internet Explorer and Outlook Express 'not responding' after a slow load-up, an MMORPG not working anymore, and an enormous sense of despair over a computer that no longer works as it should. Even with the PCTools program totally disabled, the problems with the rest of my programs persist.

I am at a loss as to what to do to fix things, so any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am using a secondary computer to post to this forum since the internet on the problem computer is not accessible at the moment.

Regards,
helpme

Advertisements