Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC is running very slow after malware removal

• Please log in to reply

traeyarbrough

traeyarbrough

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been having a problem with my pc running very slow, mouse freezing during firefox web browsing and the internet freezing up all together, which requires me to restart. This is what I did:
I started my computer in safe mode with networking and I deleted both of the user accounts I had including all files. Then I created new user accounts. I followed a Malware removal guide I found on here/ First I ran TFC, then system restore point, then ERUNT, then malwarebytes. With that I found 2 trojans and removed them. Next I ran a scan with Avast and found no infections. I tried to defrag the C drive but it did not need it and I also performed a disk cleanup when I restarted the pc. I started the pc up normally and installed a new mouse. My mouse does not freeze anymore, but my computer is still running slow, maybe even slower and still freezes up. I had updated all the programs I used. So now I am still using my pc in safe mode. Where do I do from here?

Advertisements