Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not sure if need new router

• Please log in to reply

obsidianx

obsidianx

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I am currently contemplating getting a new router. I have a hard connection to my tv, blu-ray, tivo, and computer. I am looking at getting a PS3 and will need the wireless aspect. I currently have a Belkin G router, F5D7230-4 that seems to be slowing down my connection. I should be getting 20-30 Mbsp and I am getting 17 Mbps right now after my wireless setting has been disabled and encryption has been turned off. Although during the days it has been down to 6 Mbps. It had gotten to the point my tv couldn't stream video without constantly trying to refresh the connection.

I was looking at the following routers and would appreciate any input on what you would suggest:

1. Belkin F5D8235-4

2. D-Link DGL-4500

3. Linksys WRT610N

4. Netgear WNDR3700

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Netgear - I use one. Brilliant.