Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A rather unique problem...

• Please log in to reply

Quickgrif

Quickgrif

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I just bought my wife a laptop recently for Christmas. Its a Toshiba Satellite with windows 7 on it. Now the problem.. we use dsl and everytime she logs in to the internet it kicks both the dsl and internet lights off. this happens every time and as long as she has it on.

We called a tech in and he checked modem and signal and such which were all fine. He managed to hook into our system with his laptop with no problems (my wife's desktop and daughters laptop have had no problems of this sort). When we showed him the results he had said he had never seen anything like it.

Can anyone give us any leads what we should do next? We use AT&T 2 wire system.

Advertisements

topaceone

topaceone

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Is the light turning off on your router or computer...... i have the same laptop but not same problem

Quickgrif

Quickgrif

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
The modem itself. It is turning off the modem completely off from the internet, tech tried a different box and it would do the same.

Edited by Quickgrif, 28 December 2009 - 06:38 PM.

topaceone

topaceone

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i cant help with that my laptop hasnt done anything but turned the wireless transmission light on my belkin G wireless router off