Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WAC16.cab Problem

• Please log in to reply

jrichar348

jrichar348

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Greetings,
I'm having some issues with my CPU. I'm trying to load a game for my daughter. When I do I get the following error message:
"Cabinet file WAC16.cab has an invalide digital signature."
Any one run into this problem before?
How do I fix?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
That message usually means the source media (eg the cd or whatever you are installing from) has one or more corrupted files on it. If it's something you downloaded you could try downloading it again, it may have become corrupted during the download process.

If it's a commercial cd-rom or dvd, try cleaning it with a purpose-made cd cleaning kit, as it may be just a dirty disc if you're lucky.

But if one or more files themselves are corrupted, the bottom line is there is no 'fix' for that other than obtaining clean versions of those files.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 29 December 2009 - 07:48 AM.