Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Fresh XP Install, no internet connection

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Don't know if you saw this 123Runner

System Memory 448 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
Rshaffer61...Yes I did see the 448mb on memory. Its a laptop which could be difficult.
I will look in to it after its running.

AMBorgeson

AMBorgeson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
OK, to clarify, the laptop is up and running overall. i'm using it to post this time actually. BUT, the wireless is still down. I have the driver from emachines.com for everything it had drivers for, which includes a wireless driver. but, the 'network controller' ? on the device manager does not recognize the wireless driver as valid for the device. Same result with the chipset. I even tried the ethernet driver (wasn't really hoping for much there...)

so I appear to have the drivers, but for this device only, they are not recognized as being the correct drivers.

and i checked, it's the exact same chipset & wireless drivers for the M5310 as for the M5312.

PS, I'm rather impressed with the emachine's website, I was able to navigate through the drivers and downloads section with my javascript on firefox blocked via noscript, so it must have all been rather good html coding? it has the menus appearing that are only relevant to your previous selection, while staying on the same page.