Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro Automatically Logs off

• Please log in to reply

msproblems

msproblems

• Pip
  • 7 posts
A friend got virus and spyware on their Dell XP Pro pc. It would not go into safemode. I removed the drive and attached it to my pc and ran several antivirus and antimalware programs. Avira, MB, SA, A2S, Adaware, Then I installed the drive back into the pc, when I reached the login screen and clicked on the sole username it started to log me in. The desktop flashed briefly and then it logged me out immediately. They do not have the system disks and I have a builders version of XP Home. I have read about wsaupdater.exe on this forum http://www.geekstogo...Off-t15771.html but I did not know if I could use the disk I have.

Dell XP Pro
about 3 years old

Edited by msproblems, 29 December 2009 - 06:08 AM.

Advertisements