Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not All Devices are turning on

• Please log in to reply

DarkMystic122

DarkMystic122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Sorry I wasnt able to get a pic. My friend's computer wouldn't detect the hardware. Well the specs of my computer is this: I have a celeron processor that runs @ 333MH, the motherboard is not an ATX, I don’t know exactly what type of ram I have but it snaps in real easily and I have 40 MB of it, I have Cirrius graphics card ( I don’t know the ) 8 MB, ATA/IDE Cables. There is on PS/2 port, printer port is connected to the motherboard through and ATA/IDE Cable, a 101-Pin Port (It was labeled as that when bought but I don’t remember what its actually called).

I have a 250W PSU it has 2 [....] (connects to floppy), 2 of these [……] (which both are connected to the motherboard, and 3 of these [. . . .] (for the optical drives and hd).

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK, that changes everything!
The power supply you have is an AT style PSU. These are hard switched (unlike ATX supplies) which means the ON/OFF switch on the front of the case does actually turn the PSU ON and OFF directly. ATX supplies don't, the on/off switch only sends a signal to the mobo, and it's the mobo that then turns the psu on.

Does the CPU fan connect directly to the PSU or does it go to the motherboard?

The CPU you have will be a slot 1 (cartridge style) one. The RAM will be either 72 pin SIMMs or PC66 DIMMs. It sounds like you have simms.
Do the ram sockets have white plastic clips at either end or bare metal tabs?

Also, what colour socket is the video card inserted in? (white or black)

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
I just found one like this in the dumpster lol. It has amd amd cartrage, some pci ports, a long black expantion port at the bottom, a smaller black port ubove the pci ports that is indented like agp. the cartrage was coated in thermal paste ans connected to a double fan hsf. the memory looked like sdram tho.

Nixx