Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't remove Muvee Plugin 1.0 from Windows XP Computer

• Please log in to reply

writertiff

writertiff

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I was recently infected by the Anti Virus Virus and by simply reading a thread on how to remove it using Malwarebyte's anti malware tool, it removed it.

However, in the process, I deleted a ton of files I didn't need or unfortunately, couldn't identify. Brand me with the idiot tattoo now, I know.

I can't upload videos online anymore - either via FlipShare or when I go directly to YouTube and try to upload. It gives me an error on FlipShare saying I'm not connected to the Internet (but I am - I sign on fine).

I was told by Flip support to remove FlipShare, 3ivx and the muvee plugin. I removed Flipshare and 3ivx but when I try to remove the muvee plugin I get this error:

Error Code: -5004 : 0x7e
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1922)
pAPP:PDT Plugin by muvee
PVENDOR:muvee Technologies
PGUID:82CA0A0C-A3EC-4167-B694-909205B2EDEC
$7.1.100.1248
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) BT_OTHER 0.64

Now not sure how to get it removed so I can continue with FlipShare's instructions on reinstalling everything.

tiff

Edited by writertiff, 29 December 2009 - 09:51 PM.

Advertisements