Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how can i spoof target url's for a url locked swf game (it has no

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
i like downloading the swf files for some of my favorite games so i can play them offline now i keep running into some of the sponsored ones that check to make sure they are running from the website. this is primarily to keep say addicting games from hosting stuff made by armor games or the like but it is basically a aggravating shortcut programmers take because they are too lazy to have the thing copyrighted. since there is no legal copyright notice i think it is safe to ask how can i spoof a url so the game thinks it is running on the right site. i had one thing that worked but it was too complicated and involved a vm an internal web-server and a manually written hosts file so that cache.armorgames.com pointed back to the loopback address. i am hoping there is an easier way to play offline flash games XD

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
If they wanted these games to be playable offline, they would create them in a way that would allow you to download them.

We, at GeeksToGo, do not support hacking, cracking, or other means of illegally obtained material. I believe this falls under these guidelines as specified under our Terms Of Service.

Thread closed.