Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista and Recovery Drive

• Please log in to reply

j.blackbird

j.blackbird

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Well - I'm an idiot.

I had an issue with my NEW pc which prompted me to go to dell asking for help. the oh-so-helpful dell tech. remoted into my computer, did some fiddling around, rebooted into safe mode - where he lost his connection of course - and i couldnt get my computer OUT of safe mode.

which then just made me angry and i reset the computer back to factory settings.

now here is the dumb part. when my computer came back up - i did the whole uninstall/reinstall various programs and noticed that recovery d: was almost half full. so what do i do? i emptied it.

yes.

i did.

i deleted everything in it. :sigh: and then realized afterward what i did, went into panic mode, and ultimately relaxed since i have the cds for vista, drivers, and programs.

but still - what comes next? i mean can i ultimately fix this? should i just delete the now empty recovery drive? orrrrr is there an option c?

Advertisements