Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I cant open some image files?

• Please log in to reply

saraveza408

saraveza408

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
I got some pictures I took sent to me via email & they are in a different file format Ive never seen before. I had to disable my firewall first.Then I had to right click on the picture icon & go to properties then click on unblock. Then I used windows picture & fax viewer to see the pics but when I go to edit them with Microsoft Picture It I cant open them. What do I do to put them in a file format I can work with?

Please & thank you.

(im attaching a screen shot of what I get when I click on properties of a pic)

Posted Image

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
What is the file type extension of the picture file?
In windows explorer change the "view" to show details.

I am not familiar with Picture it. The searching I have found shows that MS changed it.

Picture It's title changed to Picture It! Digital Image Pro with version 7, then Microsoft skipped a number and dropped Picture It! from the title when they released Digital Image Pro 9 and Digital Image Suite 9 in 2003. The main difference in Digital Image Suite is the addition of the Image Library for photo organization.

Reactor

Reactor

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Forget Picture it...download IrfanView. It's free, and a thousand times better. Try it.