Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

pc shuts off and restarts playing games, pls help

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
yes that is fine and other then the memory we have discussed already everything seems fine.
Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:
1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Advertisements

Lori12

Lori12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I can't get the Speedfan pic I took with Paint to upload.

It says: Found Maxtor 6L100MO ON AdvSMART
Found ACPI temperature (40.0C)
End of detection

CPU Usage: (blank line) 1.4%

Fan1: 1357 RPM
Fan2: 0 RPM
Fan3: 0 RPM
Fan4: 0 RPM

CPU 37C (with blue arrow pointing down
Ambient: 37C (with blue arrow pointing down)
Remote: 46C (with green check mark)
HDO: 41C ( " " " " )
Temp1: 40C ( " " " " )
Core: 32C ( " blue arrow pointing down)

Speed01: 42%
Speed02: 42%
Speed03: 42%

+5: 0.00V +3.3V: 3.38V
Vcpu: 1.42V Vbat: 0.00V
Vcc: 3.32V
+5V: 5.05V
+12V: 11.98V

Lori12

Lori12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I ordered this today: http://www.crucial.c...1B160AEA5CA7304

It's only $14.99, free shipping. It's only 256 MB but that'll give my pc a total of 512 MB, which is what I need to play games. If it's still not enough I'll get another one but it'll be next month before I can.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
oK speedfan looks good. I'll wait for the Autoruns log to see what we have going on in the background.

Lori12

Lori12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I can't figure this Autoruns out, and I'm exhausted, gotta go to bed. I'll try again in the morning if that's ok, sorry to be such a pain in the butt; I appreciate your help and patience.

Happy New Year!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK no problem, maybe a good nights sleep will help clear the mind up. i know i have to do that sometimes. BTW Happy New Year :) :)

Lori12

Lori12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
It doesn't say "autoruns.exe". On the left side it says "extract all files" and opens a wizard that says "welcome to the compressed (zipped) folders extraction wizard"......

Lori12

Lori12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I don't know how to do this, I'm sorry but I can't figure it out.

Lori12

Lori12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Can I get your advice about a different issue that's unrelated to this one? If you don't want to it's ok. I'm trying to become an affiliate with a site, here's some of the info from them:

"We offer a straightforward and elegant method to create your very own Web site from a set of pre-existing templates. Advanced knowledge of HTML and database programming is not required, as our package does all the work for you.

Simply download the package, unzip it, and read over the documentation provided. Install on your Web server and use its integrated tools to customize your new site.

We'll walk you through the setup process, allowing you to harness the power of our XML data without extensive technical expertise. You can choose a design from a list of templates that matches the look and feel you want for your site.

Download the zip file, unpack it on your server, and run install.php - you'll be up and running in minutes."

Ok, I downloaded their zip file to my desktop. I bought a one month subscription to GoDaddy, went to the control panel and did everything they said according to the instructions and screenshots but it didn't work. My page/site says "This site coming soon" and "If you are the owner of this web site you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site."

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have never used that site but i have heard about Go Daddy. It has been awhile ago but the reviews were not good.
I'm not much help on this part. :)

Advertisements

Lori12

Lori12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Ok, thx anyway :) I reckon I just need basic server services and Go Daddy was only $6.99 for one month.

So, back to the other: "I can give you instructions on how to increase it manually but you would need ot change it again once you put the new memory in."

Do I have to be able to figure out how to do Autoruns to do this?

Edited by Lori12, 01 January 2010 - 04:02 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope virtual memory settings are different. Here we go and please don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand. I am here to explain if you don't understand.

Since your Hd doesn't seem to be running low on space, I want to make sure we can get rid of the Virtual memory problem. Please follow the next steps:

Go to Start then to Control Panel
Click on System then click on Advanced tab.
In the Performance Field click on Settings
Now on the Advanced Tab click on Change
Now take a screenshot and include it in your next reply.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

Lori12

Lori12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I'll try to get that uploaded later this morning; I've been up all night working on that website I referred to in the other post, finally got the zip file uploaded and got my site working.

But if you're wanting to know the info under the performance tab I don't remember what the original numbers were but someone had advised me to set it to "System Managed Size", so I did, about a week ago. It had been showing:

Drive C:--"total paging size for all drives----Minimum allowed 2MB-- Recommended 333 MB---Currently allocated 333 MB"

but now it says:

recommended 333 MB , currently allocated 667 MB

How did it go from 333 to 667? I haven't changed anything. Oh yeah, it also says Drive C space available 82909 MB.

Anyway, I'll try to get the screenshot up later, I'm going to bed, can't think straight :)

Lori12

Lori12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Crap, it says "there is not enough memory or resources to complete operation", I've never had that happen before. I'll try again later.

Lori12

Lori12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Ok, here you go, now I'm going to bed! lol

geekstogo.JPG

Edited by Lori12, 02 January 2010 - 05:03 AM.