Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless driver does not install

• Please log in to reply

noob4lyfe123

noob4lyfe123

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
My laptop was recently updated to windows 7.The wireless driver shows an error, and does not install the driver correctly whether i uninstall or windows automatically searches for a solution. But the wired connection works perfectly fine. any solutions?

p.s.Toshiba L500-01d

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
http://www.realtek.c...;Downloads=true

Windows driver auto installation program (support Win7), Win7 driver ver.1676.10 1676.10 2009/11/27 15939k

The above is the driver you want.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
It sounds like the driver isn't available from Windows update or included with Windows 7. The Toshiba website has driver downloads for Windows 7, but I am unable to find your model in their drill down list. Is that the complete model number for the laptop?

noob4lyfe123

noob4lyfe123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
* update
I recently sent in the laptop for repair on hardware related issues. No idea when Toshiba will give the unit back, and fix problems. I have only been using it for two months, disappointed in Toshiba quality.

@Daffy

I did use the driver and tested the wireless without any success. It just shows my on/off switch being set to off. This can only be changed through the Toshiba program readily installed onto the laptop. For some reason, that program fails to work.

I will update you on the status once i receive the computer back. They will most likely fix only hardware related issues.. so i will still need assistance in the software half. Thanks for everything so far.