Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus Live

• Please log in to reply

Spencer wakefield

Spencer wakefield

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I just recently discovered that Antivirus Live is infecting my computer, and it's RIDICULOUSLY frustrating, because every site i've gone to has said that in order to beat this thing, i need to end the process either with task manager, or process explorer, or the renamed version of process explorer. i would love to do this, but the [bleep] program won't let me run it! i also saw someone say that something called Comedian.exe or something should work, but it won't let me run that either. it also won't let me run my antivirus, or pretty much anything aside from firefox/internet explorer. i can open up folders and my computer and all of that, but every time i try to open anything remotely useful, it gives me a little pop-up that says:
Security Warning
Application cannot be executed. The file (file name) is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?
Clearly, this is not something that i want to click yes to, though my computer is so screwed already that quite frankly, it probably wouldn't make a difference if i clicked yes. anyway, if someone could give me a way of fixing this, that would make me very happy. if there's no hope and i have to erradicate everything on my computer, then fine, i'll do that, though i would rather not. Thanks!

Advertisements