Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Crashing to white Screen

• Please log in to reply

A Train

A Train

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Right so I recently built the following system and put it together myself.

Intel i7
Gigabyte P55A-UD3R
4 GB Ram
Radeon Sapphire 5770
2x 1 TB Hard drives
windows 7

Now it seems to be running fine, but whenever I render from it or try to rip and convert from a DVD it goes for around 15 minutes + then will suddenly cut to a blank white/grey screen. Pressing the numlock and caps lock do nothing so its definetly frozen. I think.

Now I'm assuming its the graphics card, I doubt its a heat issue mainly because the cards running at around 70 degrees under load. Front 120mm fan bringing air in and a top exaust so there is plenty of air flow in the case. Im trying to source another pci-e card to swap out with the 5770 to see if it still does the same.

Anybody had any similar experiances with this White screen? No error codes displayed, just a blank screen.

Advertisements

A Train

A Train

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Right so I swapped the card out, and it seemed to be going fine. Then bam computer froze. No white screen though just straight freeze. What does this mean?