Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC does not recognize Sony MP3 Player

• Please log in to reply

CityBubba

CityBubba

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Toshiba Satellite 1415-S173
Windows XP Home Edition
Service Pack 3
SIIG Hi-Speed USB CardBus

Sony Walkman MP3 player -NWZ-E344

Problem:

PC does not recognize the MP3 player when connected.
Device manager does not show "portable devices" category and a file search does not find WALKMAN anywhere.

I have tried other recommended solutions but nothing has worked so far.

Any solutions you would suggest I try would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Hey CityBubba. :)

Did your mp3 player come with a disk to install any drivers? If it did, insert the disk into your computer and install the drivers.

If not, try searching their website to see if they have any drivers you can install:

http://esupport.sony...OS=7#div_pos_94

WLI

WLI

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey CityBubba. :)

Did your mp3 player come with a disk to install any drivers? If it did, insert the disk into your computer and install the drivers.

If not, try searching their website to see if they have any drivers you can install:

http://esupport.sony...OS=7#div_pos_94

Hi,

I just bought the sony NWZ-E344. I have the same problem. With Windows Vista, it has no problem to connect and sees the contents. However, the Windows XP does not sees it. I checked the Sony's web site and others web sites. There is no where I can find the driver for it for XP.

Do you have any suggestion? Thanks.