Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD-ROM1033 drive problem

• Please log in to reply

penelopepony

penelopepony

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
:)

I Have no idea what this means, everytime I attempt to load my MSOffice spc 1 I get an error 1305, MOS.DLL, and to check CD-ROM1033 drive. I'm totally confused.

:)

Here's the error report:

Error 1305 Setup cannot read file
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\VS Runtime\1033\compsvcspk.gui.dll.
Check your connection to the network, or
CD-ROM1033 drive. For other potential solutions to the problem,
see D:\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE10\1033\SETUP.HLP

Here's my CD-ROM info:

Drive D:
Description CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded Yes
Media Type CD-ROM
Name TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462C
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate 890.03 kbytes/sec
SCSI Target ID 0
PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_CDW/DVD_TS-L462C_______________TO10____\FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF20202020202020202020
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (5.1.2600.5593 (xpsp_sp3_qfe.080502-1245), 61.50 KB (62,976 bytes), 4/14/2008 7:00 AM)

TY
Penny penelopepony@hotmail.com

Edited by penelopepony, 30 December 2009 - 10:17 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you have tried using other CD's in the drive and have no problems with them, then the Microsoft Office is either dirty or scratched. I personally use a microfiber cloth and water to clean CD's. If the CD is scratched badly enough it is useless.

If you have problem's with other CD's then it could be a drive problem and the drive may be failing.

I would see if office will install on a different computer if cleaning it does not help.

SRX660