Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to install Quicken

• Please log in to reply

will3733

will3733

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have a new lap top running windows vista business and a new desk top running windows xp pro. Having problem installing my 1995 version of Quicken Deluxe. Program does not automatically start up when disc is inserted. Can't find command prompt on vista business, but what ever I do to get it to run setup, I get redirected to use set up through program manager by vista. Through xp, I am directed to read the read me file in quicken which directed me to update system config. to change files value to =50 and buffers =10, but once there, I see nothing that leads me to this area. Cpu indicates my variables are presently set at 0. Help me please!

Will

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
According to Google, no version of Quicken earlier than 2003 is Vista compatible, though somebody managed to get Quicken 98 working.
Ignore all the Files and Buffers information, it's irrelevant so far as XP and Vista are concerned.

Intuit have no mention of Quicken 1995 on their website so I would assume it's not XP compatible either, unfortunately.