Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SpamSub.exe

• Please log in to reply

garymeek

garymeek

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I cannot access my SpamSubtract folder because I get an "FRData.dll" error, I also found I am missing files "iecont.dll and iecontlc.dll". How do I find these files to restore them ? Please Help . I also get "ccSvcHst" errors when closing down, I'm so lost !!!!!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try reinstalling SpamSubtract again...
the CCsvchst errors are related to norton...try updating norton using LiveUpdate

garymeek

garymeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you happyrock, that , I believe may have taken care of one of my problems. I only got that error message when shutting down or rebooting, however, I still have the problem trying to find a spamsubtract program to download, I deleted it from add or subtract programs by mistake. SpamSubtract is an Intermute product and I do not wish to pay for it if I can find it somewhere else for free. Any suggestions ? SpamSub.exe...FRData.dll...iecont.dll and iecontlc.dll are affected without Spamsubtract. Thank You Again for your help.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Did this come installed on the computer? or
Did you purchase it?

If you purchased it, you should be able to download it again from where ever you got it.

I use the free version of SPAMFighter Standard
It works quite well.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
get a free gmail account...I get a single spam in my inbox about once per 3 months...I am impressed when one (spam) actually gets thru their filters...

garymeek

garymeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello 123Runner,
I think that program came with my computer, it's been about 5 years so I can't recall 100%. I went to the Intermute site and that program is no longer available, Intermute now offers a program with spam and virus protection combined. I really don't need the program, just the files which were affected. I think I will download Spamfighter Standard if I can find it, It may have something close to the files I am looking for within it. Thank You for your time, it is greatly appreciated. Gary

garymeek

garymeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey again happyrock,

I do have a gmail account, I have never given anyone that email address, I use outlook express, it would be a real pain to inform everyone of the change although I will give it serious consideration. Thanks again for your time. Gary

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Hey again happyrock,

I do have a gmail account, I have never given anyone that email address, I use outlook express, it would be a real pain to inform everyone of the change although I will give it serious consideration. Thanks again for your time. Gary

do you ever get spam in the inbox at your gmail account...you can import all your contacts and
then use (BBC) blind carbon copy to send out a email to all your contacts at once saying you would be using the gmail address as your new email address...quick and painless...more here on importing your contacts

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts

Hey again happyrock,

I am in exactly the same position, having a gmail account which I hardly use. Regarding spam: I dealt with the problem in two stages: first, I pay (next to nothing) for spam filtering service by my ISP. That reduced spam by about 90%. Next, I installed Spamfighter free (can be downloaded from here). Filtering by Spamfihgter can be set to several levels according to the users' needs. I set the default level and consider my spam problem as resolved.