Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Problem

• Please log in to reply

mryja

mryja

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My laptop has the worm.win32 virus on it. I can't do anything on it. When it starts it doesn't even go to the start menu. If I start it and hit F8, I can try to place it in Safe Mode but then it hangs up. I have a malware removal on a cd, but I can't get it to boot from the cd. Can you help? I'm using another pc to email you.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Download Avira AntiVir Rescue System from here. Use the built-in burning utility to create a bootable CD. Boot the computer with the new CD and run a full scan of your hard disk. If necessary set your BIOS to make CD drive first priority boot device.

Please note:

1: The burning utility will only work on CDs (no DVD).

2: Default language is German. You can change it to English.

3: Before starting the scan go to Configuration and choose the option in which the program tries to repair or rename infected files.

If successful and your computer is running, either normally or in Safe Mode with networking, move to the malware forum of G2G for a complete cleanup of your computer. You can use the link in my list below.