Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS Office 2003 Event 102 Error

• Please log in to reply

Bergkamp2006

Bergkamp2006

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I would be grateful if anyone can shed any light on an issue I am having.
In August this year my PC started to behave strangley, not sure by conincence or not but at the same time as a Windoes XP update was loaded.

The symptom is that when I open any MS Office application it will hang for 3-5 minutes and then everything works OK. I have to try and close the program a couple of times first.

Looking at the application log it reports an Event 102 and category 101 - the error report alos states "hungapp".

Once it has timeout and closed I can open it up and therefater everything is OK again.

As you can guess it is frustrating to have to wait for the program to time ut every time I want to use it so any help / guidance would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Howdy Bergkamp2006. :)

Does the program actually give a Microsoft error?

If not, that's ok. Have you installed the Microsoft Office Service Pack 3?

For more information, go to:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938799

Installing this service pack could solve your problem.

Let us know how it goes and if you are still having problems. :)